These free online CompTIA Security+ courses will teach you how to get certified by one of the IT industry’s top trade associations. The Computing Technology Industry Association is a non-profit trade association that issues professional certifications for the information technology industry. Getting certified will validate your baseline skills to help you succeed in an IT security career.
What is a compTIA security +
is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Detect various types of compromise and understand penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
Main Reason Why You Need Security+ Certification?
Now that you know all the major details for SY0-501 test, let us dwell on one main advantage that the Security+ can get you. Obviously, SY0-501 is the best-known exam for measuring candidates’ baseline IT security skills. Author: Vincent V In particular, this assessment prepares and equips IT security specialists with practical problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting ones so that these specialists could take up jobs as junior IT auditors, penetration testers, security administrators, or systems and network administrators. It will be a piece of cake for you to be accepted to these positions as most organizations prefer hiring security specialists with the CompTIA Security+ certification for the DoD 8570 compliance that this credential has.
What students will do.
Students will learn the best real-world troubleshooting practices for identifying and handling cybersecurity incidents. It is recommended that students complete CompTIA A+ training and CompTIA Network+ Training before beginning this course. You will learn how to explain threat actors and threat intelligence, security controls, in order to identify social engineering attacks.