Duration: 5 days
Rollout format: Online/Virtual
Basic analytical Background
This course is designed to cover the forecasting process and the techniques in order to prepare you adequately in accordance with the growing need for such skills in real- world. … You should be conversant with basic statistical concepts and symbols pertinent to the discussion of time-series analysis and forecasting.
This course focuses on the most popular business forecasting methods: regression models, smoothing methods including Moving Average (MA) and Exponential Smoothing, and Autoregressive (AR) models. It also discusses enhancements such as second-layer models and ensembles, and various issues encountered in practice.
This training will empower you in how to:
- Visualize time series data
- Understand the different components of time series data
- Distinguish explanation from forecasting
- Specify appropriate metrics to assess forecasting models
- Use smoothing methods with time series data (moving average, exponential smoothing)
- Adjust for seasonality
- Use regression methods for forecasting
- Account for autocorrelation
- Distinguish real trend and patterns from random behaviour
N:B This qualification has been designed to provide the student with a national certificate and multiple certifications, both locally and internationally recognized by industry for maximum employability.