Duration: 12 Months-10hrs/Week
Rollout format: Online
Prerequisite: Basic analytical analysis
Data Analysis is an ever-evolving discipline with lots of focus on new predictive modeling techniques coupled with rich analytical tools that keep increasing our capacity to handle big data. However, in order to chart a coherent path forward, it is necessary to understand where the discipline has come from since its inception.
The field of Business intelligence depends largely on Data analysis tools and techniques in order to inform effective decision-making. In fact, the disciplines are so intertwined that some often confuse the two. Therefore, we begin our introduction by examining the history of Business intelligence, its relationship to data analysis, and why the two are needed to help businesses deliver a complete assembly of their ‘data puzzle’. This module also addresses some of the hurdles businesses face when dealing with data overload and suggests some possible solutions to the problem.
What you will learn
- Identify opportunities, manage change and develop deep visibility into your organization
- Understand the terminology and jargon of analytics, business intelligence, and statistics
- Learn a wealth of practical applications for applying data analysis capability
- Visualize both data and the results of your analysis for straightforward graphical presentation to stakeholders
- Learn to estimate more accurately than ever, while accounting for variance, error, and Confidence Intervals
- Practice creating a valuable array of plots and charts to reveal hidden trends and patterns in your data
- Differentiate between “signal” and “noise” in your data
- Understand and leverage different distribution models, and how each applies in the real world
This qualification has been designed to provide the student with a national certificate and multiple certifications, both locally and internationally recognized by industry for maximum employability.