This course introduces you to the evolution of robotics and coding and covers the fundamentals of this complex engineering and industrial field. You will be taught the 3 main categories of robots hence robots used in the industry like humanoids and other fields of artificial Intelligence.
In Coding and Robotics, learners are taught how to set up a code to instruct a specific robot, so that it can fulfil apurpose. The computer must be able to read the code to execute the tasks. Robotics allows learners to see theirthinking come to life using trial and error tasks until their intended outcomes are achieved. Many coding languages can be used to instruct a machine. You will be introduced to a few of them.
Coding and Robotics teaches learners to:
- think critically and creatively
Learners will learn how to:
- Investigate: Analyse a problem statement and identify the problems that need to be solved.
Brainstorm some ideas and decide on the best solution.
- Design: Create concept and then working drawings for the proposed solution or process.
- Make (Build): Use the correct tools and materials identified to make the design. Your design will be based on the working drawings that have been developed.
- Evaluate: The product or process needs to be evaluated to determine whether it could be improved. You can then use the information from your evaluation to improve the design.
- Communicate: The findings around the development and evaluation should be communicated to the team that is working on the product or process.