CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
Why is it different?
- CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions.
- CySA+ focuses on the candidates’ ability to not only proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings, but also emphasizes software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
- CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC)
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for organizations. CompTIA CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to networks to improve the overall state of security through identifying and combating malware and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in an enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. It will validate an IT professional’s ability to proactively defend and continuously improve the security of an organization. CySA+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
- Analyze and interpret data
- Identify and address vulnerabilities
- Suggest preventative measures
- Effectively respond to and recover from incidents
EXAM CODE SY0-501 & SY0-601
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is it different?
- More choose Security+ – chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- Security+ proves hands-on skills – the only baseline cybersecurity certification emphasizing hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of today’s complex issues.
- More job roles turn to Security+ to supplement skills – baseline cybersecurity skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles to secure systems, software and hardware.
Security+ is aligned to the latest trends and techniques – covering the most core technical skills in risk assessment and management, incident response, forensics, enterprise networks, hybrid/cloud operations, and security controls, ensuring high-performance on the job